Risen Christ Gathers His Church
Bible Reference: Luke 24:33-49
Duration: 46 mins
Date: 11 Apr 2004
Jesus Christ's disciples did not believe in the risen Lord despite the
account of Mary, mother of Jesus, and Mary Magadalene who saw the empty
tomb. Jesus had to appear to them, pronouncing peace, showing them his
risen body, eating with them before they could believe. Only after encouraging
his disciples did He give them the Great Commission. Jesus cited Moses
and prophets in Luke 24:44, how they foretold His resurrection - see Job
19:25, Genesis 22, Psalm 16:9. Why is belief in the resurrection of Jesus
Christ so important? See 1 Cor 15:14, 17, 20
1. Without resurrection, there is no Gospel.
2. Without resurrection, we are still in our sins.
3. Without resurrection, there is no proof that Christ's work on the cross
is approved by God.
4. Christ's resurrection showed His victory over death and sin.
5. Without Christ's resurrection, there is no resurrection of our bodies
(Only spiritual bodies can enter into heaven). Apostles were ordinary
people yet given the Great Commission to preach repentance and forgiveness
to all nations. But they couldn't accomplish everything. We must continue
their work in evangelism and missions. We don't always have to go abroad
for missions. But we are to stand for the Lord, bearing witness, reflecting
the power of the risen Lord in our lives.